Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

dryer not working on stackable kenmore washer dryer model 417.94812301

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

the dryer does not work unless you put pressure on the outside of the door.  I thought I needed a new door switch, and ordered  part 3406107 switch-door from Sears.  I removed the front panel of the dryer, and the control panel, but could not find the door switch.  Now I'm not sure if I even have the right part.  If I do, how do I get to the switch to replace it.   If I don't, do I just need a door latch?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

360561 is the dryer door switch.

Posted Image

its located right below the door latch

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:49 AM

You are a big help!  can I just pop the old switch out with a screwdriver?

#4 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

better if you pop it out from the inside...need to squeeze to 2 gold prongs to release it.

#5 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

it looks like I have to take the front panel off of the dryer.  do you know if this has to be completely removed?

#6 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

yep, and it best to get up on a step stool so when you go to reinstall the front you can make sure the tub sits on top of the pads on the upper felt.

do you know how to remove the front or do you need directions?

#7 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

I am completely winging it.  is this something I should really have the repairman do, or can someone who is fairly mechanically inclined handle this.   and yes, if you have directions on how to remove the front  panel, that would be great.  I had everything disassembled last week before I found out I had the wrong switch.  don't know if I have to tear it all down.  had a little trouble getting the dryer drum to align with the front when Iput it back together.

#8 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

remove the 3 0r 4 screws that hold the front on at the top of the machine.

remove the 2 screws and panel that is in between the washer and dryer

under the control panel remove the first screw on each end

on the end caps of the control panel underneath there is a small phillips screw on each side...remove them

the control panel can now be removed by sliding down about 1/2" and pulling out (might be stuck...just shake it a lil bit)you can just let the control panel hang down.

unplug the wire connector on the left hand side that is hold that end of the control panel up ( either has 2 or 3 wires)

remove the 2 screws that are holding the bottom of the front to the cabinet (1 on each side)

pull front off...replacing the switch is self explantory

reassemble in reverse order making sure that the top of the front (where you removed the screws) is on top of the sheet metal top cover and not underneath it.

Holla if you get lost.

#9 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

I just got back in town and this is my wake up in the morning project.  you've been a big help.  should be easy to replace the light bulb too, once that front panel is off.   I'll let you know when I'm done,just so you'll know.  thanks again for being so helpful.

#10 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

glad to help

#11 mboden

mboden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

your instructions made it a lot easier to take off the front of the machine, thanks.  I changed the dryer switch, and put the new light in.  after I reassembled, the dryer made a little bit of noise, and the light didn't work, so I took it apart again.  the wires for the light were attached tight, so they may have shipped me a bad light, or the wires may be bad.  I made sure the drum was sitting on the felt, and reassembled.  light still does not work, and the dryer still makes a little brushing noise on one side of the rotation.  I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get it quieter.  any tips?

#12 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

Are all the of the plastic pads still attached to the upper felt strip? Did you ever completely remove the top panel before? May be on upside down. Also are all the screws in that top panel? Very important on this unit to keep the cabinet square....it has a tendency to flex and the drum will rub against the sides of the cabinet and the top....also don't store anything on top, it will cause the top to bow having the same effect.

If you have a meter you can check the light bulb to see if its good or not as well as if getting power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics