Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Delonghi dehumidifier service manual

stevezodiac

Alas. You know the routine...you bought it a year or so ago, it dies, you go looking online for repair reference material and you find the entire 27,000 Google pages of complaints and laments  from other saps who bought one too.

In this case its a Delonghi dehumidifier, sold at Costco. Apparently they are crap, built to last out the warranty period and not a day longer.

However, I'm obliged to try to fix it. The owner's manual is available, but nothing turns up in a search for the service manual with the error code list.

At least one post somewhere alludes to someone being able to decipher the error codes, so I assume the manual is out there in the wild somewhere. Any model will likely have the codes, although this one is a DH400p. Anyone?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevezodiac

• appl.tech.29501

• kdog

still looking, probably wont be able to find a fault code list, but may be able to help you repair a specifi fault code...do you have 1?

Hi, thanks for taking a shot. It's throwing E7 and E8. It's also noisy as hell, but is sorta working, in that it will generate a full bucket of water eventually; however, it won't now and rarely did ever pump water out...instead the tank fills up and the float shuts it off. Pump outlet hose is unobstructed.

I don't think the codes are for the full reservoir, they are shown whether the tank is empty or full.

It's in the basement, so I haven't studied it a great deal, and haven't disassembled it as yet. I had another unit so I've swapped them out and now I can tackle the DeLonghi.

Only other post I saw about it (not in this forum) was a clogged prefilter of some kind that was associated with an E1 code.

From what I have been reading then numerous sensors have lots of, problems however you will usually get an E1, E2, E3...has the pump light been flashing

Pump light flashes when the tank fills up and the pump fails to drain it. Manually draining the tank and resetting the pump button sometimes makes the pump work, but it soon reverts to diverting the water back into the tank.

I figure I'm going to have to take the thing apart and clean it. I shoulda known better than to buy an appliance with an LCD display and a microprocessor. The fact that they don't supply service documentation to read the codes just adds insult to injury.

Probably the best thing to do is to find an authorized Delonghi servicer through the Delonghi site and call them...most of the timer the service company will at least tell you what the codes relate to. You will have to buy parts through them as well...Delonghi will not sell direct.

Called a DeLonghi service center. They say there aren't any such things as E7 or E8 codes. Which I clearly saw on the display, but I will go down in the Pit tomorrow and crank up the beast to verify what the display says, then report back to them (I'll take a picture, that ought to mess with their heads when I show them their own display showing a "non-existent" error code). Maybe I will get a hint of what's wrong from that exercise before I start field-stripping the dehumidifier.

Thanks for taking a look at this problem. If I get any resolution I'll report back.

[user=52484]stevezodiac[/user] wrote:

resetting the pump button

Where is this button?

Does the fan in the back of the unit start when you press this ?

Try this: run it until bucket is full and faults out with this code, empty the tank, allow the unit to remain off awhile, then turn unit back on without  pressing reset - what happens?

The pump button is on the front panel. The pump is supposed to operate when the pump button is set to "on". Which it does, for a time, then quits working and allows the water to be ducted to the reservoir/bucket, which fills up and the float eventually shuts off the unit, as intended. At which time the unit beeps continuously to let you know the bucket is full, just as it would if you hadn't turned on the pump or the unit didn't have it as an option.

However, none of this has anything to do with the codes, they appear from startup and don't seem to relate to the operation of the unit at all, unless it be the very loud operating noise, or the fact that it sometimes shuts off without the bucket being full.

There are numerous posts on the net in various places about the failure of the pump feature on these units to operate correctly. I can get around that by simply drilling a drain hole in the bucket and ducting the water off to where the pump is supposed to be putting it now.

What I was trying to find out was what the codes mean. I'm not particularly concerned about the pump, and it doesn't appear to affect the basic operation of the unit except for causing a shutdown when it malfunctions.