Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

kdsimms

Kenmore Washer 70 Series - noise at the end of the spin cycles

29 posts in this topic

Did you get the tub out. After removing everything it should just lift out.

Update please.

John

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I fixed mine yesterday.  It was the transmission.  But instead of fixing it, I got a used one at an appliance junk yard we have here in town.  Paid $25.  Stuck it in and it worked like new.  I may go ahead and order the 2 parts you suggested and fix the old one.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  No new washer for my wife this time.

That's great! 

How did you determine the transmission was the problem?  Was the drive block ok?  Mine has a bunch of metal filings all around it.

What model do you have?

How old is it?

Thanks,

Ken

I went back into my washer to replace the drive block, since that's what Samurai thought was causing the problem.  Put it back together and it still makes noise at the end of the spin cycle, just alittle less.  So my problem was neither the brake cam or drive block.

Since the other guy in this thread replaced the transmission and that seemed to do the trick for him, I'm going to live with it and let it rock and roll till it dies.  I have spent enough time on it trying to fix the problem and not getting anywhere. 

And I'm not paying someone to fix a washer that was defective in the first place!  :poison:

SEARS - Take this!!    :rocketman:   Build a better product!