Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

dryer is on fire

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 mopar X

mopar X

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:50 PM

[user=307]burn_me_once[/user] wrote:

because the discoloration was present in the back of the machine to start I also now believe it is possible that the excessive heat warped the plastic support of the rear drum bearing causing the loud noise. Is this possible?

See My last post also get a thermometer and measure temp out of dryer should be close to thermostat setting . Did you recheck to see if you disturbed blower seal ?? get the kit i gave you in last post install it and that will help excessive heat on back just might solve your problem also let us know

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 burn_me_once

burn_me_once

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:23 AM

model # is DVL223ea0ww  I probably put an o where zero is sorry about that.  I have used this number to obtain the rear drum bearing assembly  

#23 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:15 AM

[user=5]mopar X[/user] wrote:

See My last post also get a thermometer and measure temp out of dryer should be close to thermostat setting . Did you recheck to see if you disturbed blower seal ?? get the kit i gave you in last post install it and that will help excessive heat on back just might solve your problem also let us know

Mopar, either your posts are invisible or Burn_me_once is ignoring them.  :huh:

#24 mopar X

mopar X

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

I Need to be more FORCEful in answering

#25 mopar X

mopar X

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:45 AM

i sort of thought that:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics