Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

new whirpool washer line

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

[user=19296]Scottthewolf[/user] wrote:

I bet Whirlpool will be completely done making appliances for Sears very soon when their contract runs out.

Stores have none up here - Kenmores are all Friggy's, Samsung and LG's now
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 what did you break now

what did you break now

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

You"ll just get "soaked" on your repair bills.....great job security with this one , says my crystal ball...[user=3641]...........................................................................................................[/user]

RegUS_PatOff wrote:

VMW series

" ... the new Whirlpool brand Vantage laundry pair that we will introduce to the North American market later this year.

The product features LCD touch-screen controls and the industry’s first USB port,

which allows consumers to update and customize washing cycles and other controls. "

http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/2009annual/chairmans-letter.html

at ServiceMatters Job Aids:

04/21/2010 Laundry Products W10329932  L-84  16 MB

Whirlpool Vantage:  $4000 / pair

(after 50 seconds of Cabrio intro) 

#23 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

I'm going to a training class for these on sept 15. should be interesting. if these are taking the place of the d/d then they have to have a low price point option too right?

#24 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

I think they told us about $550

If your doing tear down in the training you might want to bring along a little socket kit with 1/4,5/16,7/16,1/2,10mm,12mm,13mm

If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#25 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

Scott the Wolf said:

"I don't like the fact that this new washer Whirlpool just came out with has to be laid down on it's front to service the belt and the gearcase. Might as well just go back to the traditional Whirlpool belt drive washer."

Think you were given some bad info Scott.  Unit can be tilted back slightly and complete trans dropped if necessary.  Belt and other components accessible just by tilting back.  Not as easy as say to replace a belt on an old Maytag dependable care, but about as far as needed to change a thrust bearing on a MAV style.  I personally liked the ease of teardown.   

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#26 Robin the Hood

Robin the Hood

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

I'm waiting for that first customer to call in claiming that their washing machine has a computer virus....:violin:

I actually have a gal who calls in on those days when her medication is not working particularly well...she's convinced that hackers are using the dispenser control board in her side-by-side in conjunction with "Blue Tooth Technology" to hack into her home computer system.

Those idjits at AOL (her ISP) actually told her "could be" and referred her to us (the manufacturer) to troubleshoot the issue!

Even went up to engineering...who stated that, whatever issues she's having with her home computer network, it is beyond our "purview" to assist...

[align=center]:ufo:[/align]

[align=left]Break out those tin foil hats![/align]
"If you want your tree to produce plenty o' fruit, you've got to cut it back from time to time. Same thing with your neural cells. Some people might call it brain damage. I call it prunin'".

#27 Tuco

Tuco

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tap Water

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

I find WP DD in my city dump all the time. They are being replaced with  the Duets. Maybe I should try to save some of the old ones.....They may be worth something when there all gone.

#28 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

My early experiences with these machines have not been good.
GE may be coming out as making the better washer, who knows.

#29 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

Our wp rep said that they will have a low price option with these units, @ $300 or slightly above. roper maybe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics