Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Looking for Maytag dishwasher bottom rack

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jzaz

jzaz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Can't see spending $180 on the lower dish rack for a dishwasher.  Would like to not chuck the whole dishwasher but for about 2x the price of the rack, I can get a whole new machine.

On the other hand I feel guilty and dream of mountains of old dishwashers.  What a waste of our resources.

Any place to get a used one or do they always rust out and are the first things to go?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Model # and/or Part # ??

The higher end models had nylon racks
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:56 AM

[user=66136]jzaz[/user] wrote:

Can't see spending $180 on the lower dish rack for a dishwasher.  Would like to not chuck the whole dishwasher but for about 2x the price of the rack, I can get a whole new machine.

On the other hand I feel guilty and dream of mountains of old dishwashers.  What a waste of our resources.

Any place to get a used one or do they always rust out and are the first things to go?

If you want a new one, I found one for or $129.95 + 5.95 shipping, (in my opinion that's still way to much!!!!!!!).

I believe I have a used one in my garage, I would have to check tomorrow afternoon.  If I have a used one and you want it, $50 + whatever it cost to ship it.

OEM Part# W10139223

And as far as them rusting out, I don't know what it is with the Maytag ones, but I see more of the Maytag racks rusting out at 10-15 years old more then most other brands for some reason.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 jzaz

jzaz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:05 AM

It is the lower rack (don't need any of the nylon snap on parts - those are fine) for a Maytag MDB4050AWA.

Sounds like when you buy the lower end model you wind up paying the same because you have to replace the rack once or twice.

This model is not particularly quiet either so maybe you also get more insulation on a more expensive model.  As I recall, this was a pretty cheap model.  We purchased it about 12 years ago.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

We purchased it about 12 years ago.

Approx the life expectancy of the unit, in this instance, the higher end rack would have extended it's life
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

It is the lower rack (don't need any of the nylon snap on parts - those are fine) for a Maytag MDB4050AWA.

Sounds like when you buy the lower end model you wind up paying the same because you have to replace the rack once or twice.

This model is not particularly quiet either so maybe you also get more insulation on a more expensive model.  As I recall, this was a pretty cheap model.  We purchased it about 12 years ago.

Jzaz, I checked and do have a used rack that is for your dishwasher, it's in perfect condition and comes complete with the center spray tower installed and all moving tine clips in excellent condition, none broken.

If you're interested in it for $50 + whatever it cost to ship let me know.

Post your interest here and I will give you contact info in this discussion if you can't receive PM messages, (you only have 'grasshopper' forum status and I don't think you have use of the PM-Private Message area of the forum).
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 jzaz

jzaz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

Willie -

I am interested.  You are correct that a lowly grasshopper cannot use the PM.

I'm the sort of person that doesn't like to get rid of things that are working.  Other than the rusty lower rack, the rest of the machine is fine.

Let me know how to contact you.

Jim

#8 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:31 AM

Willie -

I am interested.  You are correct that a lowly grasshopper cannot use the PM.

I'm the sort of person that doesn't like to get rid of things that are working.  Other than the rusty lower rack, the rest of the machine is fine.

Let me know how to contact you.

Jim

Jim,

email me: ******* at ******.net (of coarse replace at with @), mention in the email about this discussion so I know who you are.

When I get your email - Early morning hours my time, (Pacific  1am - 5am), I will remove my email info from this discussion.

If you email me your shipping address in the initial email I will get the rack packaged up and find out how much shipping is and let you know. Hopefully you have and use PayPal, that would be the easiest payment method for me. 

If you don't have PayPal another good option would be to open an "ING Bank online account", if you open from my referral you can get a FREE $25.00 bonus for opening the account with a minimum deposit of $250 which is all your money then from that account you could do a person2person payment thru ING to me to pay for the dishwasher rack.
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics