Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub-Zero Ice Maker acting flaky....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 jtm

jtm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:53 AM

Hmmmm.... seems to make sense... the wire is definetly not HOT...

...sounds like I need to dig farther back.... thanks for the information.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 jtm

jtm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:55 PM

okay... no continuity on the red wire.... so... I found a new Sub-Zero replacement harness for $8 !!

.... should arrive in the next few days... besides the wire being loose... what else can typically cause the 'thermal fuse' to short....??

for instance... If the ice tray is overfilled with water... can that strain the motor in the ice maker assembly as it tries to eject a clump of ice..?

Thanks, Jeff !!

#23 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,868 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

[user=3200]jtm[/user] wrote:

so... I found a new Sub-Zero replacement harness for $8 !!

Do post your parts source!

#24 jtm

jtm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:30 AM

I was directed to this company by a buddy of mine...

Appliance Parts Depot, 800.527.2343, www.apdepot.com

They post prices on their website.. but they can be flexible on prices... just ask...

Got my Harness yesterday.... looks good... it was actually $8.32... BUT... the harness does NOT have a Thermal Fuse on the red wire??? ... Is the Thermal Fuse a necessary safety feature?.... little concerned....thoughts... Jeff

#25 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,868 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:00 AM

[user=3200]jtm[/user] wrote:

I was directed to this company by a buddy of mine...
BUT... the harness does NOT have a Thermal Fuse on the red wire??? ... Is the Thermal Fuse a necessary safety feature?.... little concerned....thoughts... Jeff

It's there to prevent damage to the freezer from an overheat condition on the icemaker mold heater. As glitchy as these icemakers are, I personally would not run the icemaker sans thermal fuse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics