Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch 5315UC/06 Model

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lanie

lanie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:47 AM

When going through the wash cycle my dishwasher is getting stuck on 1.  The water does not drain out and keeps sloshing around in the machine.  It's not going through the normal dry cycle either and in order to get the water out I have to clear the wash cycle by pressing the two required buttons. The rinse and hold cycle fills and drains fine. Thanks for any insight.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

It sounds like the DW is not heating. If you can see a heater in the bottom, check it for holes or splits. Is there an error code on the screen when it stops?
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 lanie

lanie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for your response.

The Bosch has no heater...it has an aqua sensor that heats the water.   If the aqua sensor was bad why would that make the counter on the dishwasher stay on 1?  Thanks for any additional info on this.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:11 PM

[user=3271]lanie[/user] wrote:

The Bosch has no heater...it has an aqua sensor that heats the water.

A sensor that doubles as a heater!? Even if that were true (which it ain't) the "sensor" would draw 11 amps and you could measure this with your clampon ampmeter. Do that and tell us what you get.

#5 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:14 PM

The aqua sensor is a water clarity sensor, the dirtier the water, the longer the wash and more rinses.  If you cant see an element in the bottom, then the heater will be in line with the wash motor.  It will be a 6 inch long metal cylinder, check this for resistance.  It could also be the circuit board or a temperature sensor, but it would be best to check the heater first.  I'm not sure how your DW comes apart, as I dont recognize the model no,  Sorry :)
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#6 lanie

lanie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:31 AM

After doing some parts checking there is a heater assembly that goes together with the aqua sensor.  It's not where you can see it so we will have to pull the machine out to get to it from the back.

Thanks for all your replies.

#7 lanie

lanie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:56 AM

Problem solved!!  We thought we would try replacing the control modular.  This apparently tells the machine when to let the water out and when to begin the dry cycle.

It's now working 100%correctly.

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

the problem was actually in the heating circuit as the others had suggested to you,this is a common failure for these as the relay on the control that closes to send power to the heater overheats the solder spots on the board and ceases to connect- the "1" which appears on your display is actually a failure code for the heating circuit. this is apt to happen again,so my advise is to hang on to your old control board,inspect and repair the poor solder joints on it and keep it around to change out the next time it fails.  most of the guys i work with carry a used/repaired board with them for this purpose.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#9 lanie

lanie

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:17 AM

Thanks kdog for the suggestion.  This is actually the second time we had to install a control modular in this dishwasher so we'll check the wiring on the one we took out and keep it around just in case.

I kind of thought by the responses to my problem that they were suggesting a water heater problem for my machine.  No one ever mentioned the control modular.

#10 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:29 AM

remember that the heating circuit involves everything from the control mounted relay to the wiring,heater,thermostat,water pressure switch etc. the chip in the control only sees that there is no current applied to the circuit,so the failure is anywhere that the cicuit may be broken.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics