Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Front-load Washer - first banging during spin, now leaking too!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dagny87

dagny87

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

Greetings,
I have this lovely Kenmore front-loading washer, Model 417.41042000, approximately 4 years old. A week or two ago I noticed some noise during the spin cycle, as in, it sounded like the whole friggin thing was about to clunk apart. Additionally, it would clink slighly while the tub was spinning around inside, one clink every time it went in a full circle.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I have run the washer a few more times. After all, it's pretty loud, but I can go outside and enjoy the lovely Arizona summers while it's banging and I'll get around to fixing it _tomorrow_ because right now, we need some socks around here!

So this morning, I ran what I really, truly meant to be the last load before investigating fixing it. It kept making the clunk-clunk-clunkety-clunkety-clunk noise during spin, but this time, there was also a BIG :yikes: puddle of water coming from.... well, who knows where. I missed the part where it started.

I have read around and I seem to be thinking maybe some springs are off-kilter or something in there, or else... who knows? Any nice pointers on what the most obvious cause is would be appreciated. As for the leaking, any thoughts there as well? This grasshopper appreciates any input.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

Suggest you start by reading our current thread on this very topic:

http://applianceguru...rum2/834-1.html
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics