Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

topnotch

need help GE TFX20JRBK WW

9 posts in this topic

Freezer stoped freezing and icemaker stoped making ice now fridge is not cooling to good :X

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Dayyam, that don't sound too top-notch to me. I rectum you better read this page.

[align=left]After writing last I noticed some ice in the back of the freezer,and the compressor and fans are always running.is that normal.[/align]

Older GE SXS. Tell us a little more about this "some ice" - do you see something similar to this partial frost pattern? We understand that your evaporator doesn't look like this one, but just trying to get a handle on what's going on.

well I saw a frost pattern like that when I took the cover off to see what was going on before but then a couple of days later the cover was frosted (iced) on the outside.

If the evaperator coil has a partial frost pattern you have a sealed system problem and this will not be inexpensive....

Not expensive is good news. Could you tell me what a sealed system problem is?

***Not expensive is good news****  Re-read my post....***will not be inexpensive**

Freon leak=low on feon......partian restriction......compressor not pumping properly....would guess starting at $250.00 upwards to $500.00, perhaps more....replace the box if not under warranty.