Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

obscure amana refrigerator is p@#!&*ssing me off!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 billyjoebob

billyjoebob

Unsui

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:34 AM

i've been working on this thing off and on for a couple of months now- i know, i could have built a new one by now- and the problem is all the airflow is coming out the bottom vents and none is coming out of the top, so the bottom shelf and the fruit and veggie bins are freezing and the top shelf is around 50 degrees. i've replaced the fan and played with the controls and nothing seems to make a difference. if anyone can help me with this thing i'd much appreciate it.

billyjoebob buttcrack

model # is: tcx1iacbww

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:03 AM

Hey there, Billyjoebob. How's yer Momma 'n 'em?

I'd light this candle by verifying that the evaporator fan motor is running.

Also, I need you to get down off that stump in the back yard where you're abusing those farm animals and re-check that model number 'cuz it don't pull up nuffin' werf a sheeit. Need the P-number, too.

#3 billyjoebob

billyjoebob

Unsui

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:05 PM

a.) i ain't bin abusin' no farm aminals, and, 2.) evin if i was i would consider it more afectionatin' than abusin.

as far as the frigerator- yes the fans a purrin like a kitten and the blades spinnin' round real purty and that model # is exactin' as can be- i even pulled the sticker off so i could get a reeal good look at it.

and you're right- it ain't comin up nowhere's on google or amana's site either, hence the "obscure" part of my post. the repairman( the one that was here 3 times and couldn't get it working right) said that it was made in canada by GE and that amana just stuck their name on it.

billyjoebob buttcrack

ps. mama n' em said "hey".

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:31 AM

[user=2372]billyjoebob[/user] wrote:

and that model # is exactin' as can be- i even pulled the sticker off so i could get a reeal good look at it.

Well, if you pulled the sticker with model number off then that's your problem, you're not giving us the correct model# most likely.

Does that sticker have a serial# and P-number (Manufactureing #)? If not this is just a feature label with a partial model#

The model#/serial# tag will be a metal tag down at bottom of refrig door opening, might have to remove kickplate grill to see. Or it may be a stick on tag on the refrigerator wall beside one of the crisper bins or on refrigerator roof.

Or maybe you didn't check what you typed:

Here the # you give: tcx1iacbww (Definitely missing a # after the 1)

Here the closest I find: TCX18IACBRWW (and I wonder, is it really an Amana, this comes up as a G.E.)
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:32 AM

Hey, Billyjobob, is this a side-by-side or a top-and-bottom, or a bottom freezer fridge?

#6 billyjoebob

billyjoebob

Unsui

• Master Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

thanks for getting back to me guys.

this is a bottom mount freezer.

and damn- i need some new bi-focals. the model # is:

TCX18IACBWW

serial # is:

TV901288V

i don't see anything that says P-#.

thanks again- sorry for the bad info.

billyjoebob

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

Definitely NOT an Amana-- this is a GE fridge like Willie said.

I'm betting your top diffuser (item 51) is stuck closed. That'll keep any cold air from getting to the top of the beer compartment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics