Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Dishwasher woes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 craigsward

craigsward

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:36 PM

I checked the drain lines and nothing.  I then removed the drain screens inside the dishwasher and removed a small piece of plastic but it doesn't seem as this would prevent draining.  The dishwasher will actually overflow if left running.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?  What actually controls the draining process?

Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:03 AM

[user=790]craigsward[/user] wrote:

The dishwasher will actually overflow if left running.

Will the dishwasher fill with water overnight if left off?

#3 craigsward

craigsward

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:35 AM

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

[user=790]craigsward[/user] wrote:

The dishwasher will actually overflow if left running.

Will the dishwasher fill with water overnight if left off?

NOPE.

#4 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:20 PM

Hello, my nopey friend. I recommend that you clean out the check valve in your dishwasher.

Posted Image

Allahu Akbar!

#5 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

Moostafa my learned friend from the east.  Do you have a part number for the little flapper in the picture you posted?  There is another similar flapper for the axillary pump I don't know the part number for it either.  I'm ashamed to say the only way I know how to get that flapper is get the chamber assembly and take the flapper out of it.  I do them from the front. I don't pull the dishwasher. That just takes extra time.  Of course a Jedi Master does have nimble fingers.  That's what sets us apart from the part changing monkeys. 

#6 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:41 PM

Hello, Jedi, my force-filled friend. The check valve in our nopey friend's dishwasher may be procured here.

As you know, this dishwasher was manufactured by the Great Satan, GE, in the very bowels of Hell. I do not know the Great Satan's part number; however, our good friend, RepairClinic, lists their part number as 821081.

Additionally, it may help our nopey friend to view a breakdown diagram of his dishwasher.

Allahu Akbar!

#7 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

Now you see my quandary Moostafa my friend.  In order to get the little flapper in the first picture you posted one must get the complete chamber assembly (#560 in the second picture you posted).  I'm sure this by design seeing how we are talking about the great satan of appliance manufacturers GE.

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:27 PM

Nay, nay, Jedi. Click the parts link that Moostafa posted. It was kinda subtle so here it is again:

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=821081

You can buy just the piston (item 564) for under $12.

However, this does not change that fact that GE is still the Great Satan. :evil:

#9 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:45 PM

Dude,  Not the piston.  I could run out to the truck and get that part number off one I carry, but its dark and scary out there right now.  I'm talking about the little flapper.  the second item from the top in Moostafa's 1st picture post.  They swell in the hard Florida water stop the machine from draining.  Then I order complete # 560, take it out of the box and remove the little flapper and discard the rest.   Would like to be able to get only the little flapper (not the piston).  In the 1st picture they seem to refer to it as the check valve gasket.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:55 PM

Ahso. I thought you were talking about the chamber...

...get the complete chamber assembly (#560 in the second picture you posted).

#11 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

Ok, Jedi, since none of the other MASTERs are using the force.

Here's what your looking for:
WD01X10177 Flapper Check Valve (Listed as ref#464 but not shown in picture)

None of the websites had a picture of the piece to verify so I went to my parts supplier (Marcone) and used their picture page and found a model that did have the ref#464 in the picture and it pointed to the place in the chamber assembly where the flapper valve you are looking for goes -- So this is diffinitely the part your looking for.

No more having to purchase the complete chamber to get just the check valve.......... and less then 1/16 the cost of a complete chamber assembly.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#12 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

Master Willie   Surly you are at one with the force to have such knowledge readily at hand.  Thank you for the information as well as for your efforts in obtaining it.  As for our friend Moostafa,   I afraid the opium may have finally gone to his towel wrapped head.  I have read the legends on how the great Moostafa ran his small appliance shop with power cells he created from clay pots, yak urine, lime juice and rusty nails.  Long time ago that was. 

#13 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

(instead of editing this new post was added)  

Upon reading the previous post closer I see I have made an error.  It was the Samurai, not Moostafa who didn't have a clue.  Sorry Moostafa. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics