Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***CLICK HERE AND READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ToddMan

Kenmore gas dryer spinning, but not heating

10 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I've got a Kenmore series 90 (110.78932792) that quit heating on me. It still runs fine, just no heat...and that kind of dampens the whole drying experience (sorry but I had to). It's less than 5 years old and ran perfectly until this happened. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Todd

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

First thing to do is see if the ignitor is coming on so we know where to have you start checking.  If it is not coming on at all start with the white plastic thermofuse on the vent housing, this will kill the heat circuit if there is any blockage of the air flow from the dryer thru the house vent.

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

First thing to do is see if the ignitor is coming on so we know where to have you start checking. If it is not coming on at all start with the white plastic thermofuse on the vent housing, this will kill the heat circuit if there is any blockage of the air flow from the dryer thru the house vent.

I probably should have said this in the beginning, but I'm really new to all of this. How can I tell if the ignitor is coming on?

Remove the bottom front panel and see if the ignitor ref # 4 glows or not....while the dryer is running and calling for heat of course. If it does not come on could be a broken ignitor, thermofuse or several other things can cause this...if it does come on tell us if it cycles off or just stays on also.

ok, checked the ignitor and it's not glowing. what's next?

Check the thermofuse I mentioned earlier first......white plastic thermofuse...if it is dead you have a blocked dryer vent system in your home...

Here's the thermofuse that Pegi is directing you to test and replace if bad:

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=2923

You'll test it by removing one wire to the thermofuse and checking its continuity with your meter. Not nearly as scary as it sounds, this page shows you how to do that:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/12/appliance-repair-revelation-making.htm

looks like the thermofuse alright, i'm not getting any resistance across it. so you say a blocked vent can cause this? I'll have to check that out. Thanks!!

A cruddy vent causes the thermal fuse to overheat and fail open. Come ye hither and imbibe the wisdom in the Ultimate Dryer Venting Guide.