Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
water logged

Kenmore 80 series

7 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore 80 series top load washer machine, model number 110.20862 990.  Last night I started a load of laundry as usual, the basket filled with water and it agitated as it should have, but then it just stopped.  I checked the circuit breaker thinking I blew a fuse and the electrical connection but it was neither of those.  I moved the selection knob forward and nothing.  I was able to move the selection knob to the number section and it started agitating again so I let it run and when it got to where it should drain it just stopped again.  What is wrong?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you have broken your lid switch, this shows you how to remove the case to access this..

Thank you so much.  That is exactly what it was.  Go figure after we practically tore the machine apart to look at the hoses and drains.  Next time I'll consult you first Master!.  We are not worthy of your infinite wisdom.

You are welcome...;)

I was having a hard time trying to find instructions for opening my Kenmore washer to replace the lid switch and found this topic. IT WAS A LIFE SAVER!!!. The instructions, helpful hints, and pictures were fantastic and I do not know what I would have done without it. (Probably still be trying to get the top off). I wanted to reply and express my gratitude for someone taking the time and putting together instructions that benefit everyone. THANKS AGAIN!:)

You are most welcome, :cool: going to close this thread now since it is not secured but people like you can benefit from this information....;)