Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
888terri

Fisher & Paykel GW708U won't run powers up but nothing

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, can anyone help me with a manual or idea of what to do next? The machine powers up fine, sounds fine, etc but when you hit start you get absolutely nothing.

Have tried unplugging and leaving off for several minutes, still nothing.

Does anyone have a manual, magic wand, some other bright idea that doesn't involve me calling F&P and handing over heaps of $s???

Thanks heaps Terri;)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

most likely is the lid switch is faulty as it wont run if it thinks the lid is open

Thank you! You were 100% right, the switch has been disconnected as we dont have little kids and it is not a safety issue.

Thing is, now the machine is flooding as it does not stop filling. I think it is a solenoid problem, and will have that checked out. Wondering if it is the original problem, that may have caused the switch to die a sudden death??? Who knows?? Sure isn't me!

Will let you all know in case it can help someone else.

the switch dies a natural death

check the filling by setting the level to low, med , high and check the fill levels with the marks on the agitator

if it continues to overfill then its a pressure switch fault on the board , cost of board is not worth it on that machine 12+ years old

if you have a retravision store up there go and see them in syd atm they are $699 for a 7.5kg , dirt cheapest price for years

What a dummy! Should be too embarassed to own up to this! But for the sake of helping someone else I will. There is a small tube next to the lid switch which we had disconnected. Seems that is something to do with the filling sensor for the machine?? We clever amateur mechanics managed to undo that tube, put it back in place and wha la everything is working fine!

So glad it wasn't the board, the machine is not that old, probably 2-3yrs at best, but a free fix is a good fix in my book! THanks for all the help

good to hear

if its a 708 then its at least 1998 or earlier