Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel GW708U won't run powers up but nothing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 888terri

888terri

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hi there, can anyone help me with a manual or idea of what to do next? The machine powers up fine, sounds fine, etc but when you hit start you get absolutely nothing.

Have tried unplugging and leaving off for several minutes, still nothing.

Does anyone have a manual, magic wand, some other bright idea that doesn't involve me calling F&P and handing over heaps of $s???

Thanks heaps Terri;)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:30 PM

most likely is the lid switch is faulty as it wont run if it thinks the lid is open

#3 888terri

888terri

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:36 AM

Thank you! You were 100% right, the switch has been disconnected as we dont have little kids and it is not a safety issue.

Thing is, now the machine is flooding as it does not stop filling. I think it is a solenoid problem, and will have that checked out. Wondering if it is the original problem, that may have caused the switch to die a sudden death??? Who knows?? Sure isn't me!

Will let you all know in case it can help someone else.

#4 J5

J5

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

the switch dies a natural death

check the filling by setting the level to low, med , high and check the fill levels with the marks on the agitator

if it continues to overfill then its a pressure switch fault on the board , cost of board is not worth it on that machine 12+ years old

if you have a retravision store up there go and see them in syd atm they are $699 for a 7.5kg , dirt cheapest price for years

#5 888terri

888terri

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

What a dummy! Should be too embarassed to own up to this! But for the sake of helping someone else I will. There is a small tube next to the lid switch which we had disconnected. Seems that is something to do with the filling sensor for the machine?? We clever amateur mechanics managed to undo that tube, put it back in place and wha la everything is working fine!
So glad it wasn't the board, the machine is not that old, probably 2-3yrs at best, but a free fix is a good fix in my book! THanks for all the help

#6 J5

J5

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

good to hear

if its a 708 then its at least 1998 or earlier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics