Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 80 series NO WATER!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 georgiagal

georgiagal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

I am writing about my kenmore 80 series washer, model # 110.29852991. A few days ago it would not stop filling with water, so I replaced the water level control switch. Now I tried to wash my first load of clothes and NO WATER. So thinking it was just stuck in between cycles because of my trying to fill it several times a few days ago to see if the water level switch was working (which it worked perfectly a few days ago~~~But I never tried to actually wash a load!), so I filled it by hand with water and when it got to the rinse cycle again NO WATER!!!!!

I am thinking water inlet valve? Any other thoughts anyone??

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 georgiagal

georgiagal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

By the way it does everything else~~it spins, agitates, it just thinks it has water when there is none!

#3 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

When it would'nt stop filling with water you didn't turn the water off and perhaps forget to turn it back on?

#4 georgiagal

georgiagal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

I really wish that were it, but no the water is on.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:05 PM

I'm thinking you mis-wired the pressure switch, easy to do.

#6 georgiagal

georgiagal

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:56 PM

I am a little confused (which is not hard to do for me,) but there was only one way to wire the switch, so how could I have miswired it? Also I tested the small and medium size water level out by running water and getting it to agitate right after I put the switch on a few days ago, but only today did I try to run a load, and there is no water unlike a couple of days ago when there was water after I had put the switch on.

By the way this washer is the pits!!! I have replaced the lid switch, motor coupler, and the water level switch all in the last 2 yrs, and it is only 5 years old to begin with!

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:31 PM

[user=1433]georgiagal[/user] wrote:

I am a little confused (which is not hard to do for me,) but there was only one way to wire the switch, so how could I have miswired it?

Yours must have the plug on it that only lets you connect ikt one way.

Ok, make sure the air hose is one the pressure switch tightly. Also, when you changed the switch and put the air hose on the new switch, was there any water in the tub?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics