LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Refrigerator #FRT04L5DW0 Serial#RA62563827

jambatt

Can't find any info on this unit at any of the regular parts sites including RC. Need overload and start relays. Have had the same problem finding any info on similar Friggy models. It's a small top mount unit. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FRT04L5DW0  

FRT04LG3DW

can you check that model number again ?  :ooo:

I hear what you are saying Reg but that's the number in the box. I hit the same wall. I checked three times before posting. Had same problem with similar unit last year. None of the part sites recognized the model. Figured you could get it out of Frigidaire if anyone could.

Yessiree, thus the 23 miles offshore location. Little island of the coast of NC. I think it is a Chinese knock off marketed under US company name. Sold a Home Depot.

Thanks for the effort Reg. These things are designed to be disposable I guess since no parts are listed. Found out the overload relay was made in Spain and the run relay was made in China along with the compressor but by different companies. Had similar one last year that needed a defrost timer. They used special screws on the cover so you couldn't access it. Also made the defrost heater so you couldn't access it.  Just weren't designed to be fixed I guess.

Yea, we're keeping an eye on it. This place saw it's share of oil on the beach in WWII. Ole timers say they had to wash their feet off with kerosene after walking on the beach.

If the compressor has the standard 3 pin configuration you can put almost any relay on it.

if its the 12 cu frost free its made by either danby or LG

try model number frt125gw

or  frt125gwk

or frt124xxx

its one of those

home depot has their model number changed

and yes they are considered disposable

btw the screws on the timer box can be removed with the tips of your needle nose pliers, next time you have one try it and you will see what i mean

very few parts are available, the thermal fuse on the newer models can only be ordered by special request with a form sent out to authorized servicers  <shrug>

heater not available

they are total crap, friggy doesn't even want us to go out and look at a large serial number range of them, we are supposed to just request exchanges on any made before RA921 (think thats the date stamp)

i have to request an exchange for one of these at least once a day

btw, the defrost timer for these lists for over 80 bucks... again <shrug>

and you cant use a universal, the original is a 6 minute timer

if you read the wiring diagram you will see the timer stalls once it goes into defrost,then once the dts opens the 6 minutes counts down and cooling resumes

older versions were only defrosting the bottom half of the evaporator, the top half was turning into a solid block of ice(not frost, solid ice)

the newer versions if you peel back the aluminum tape in front of the heater you will find the styrofoam insulation has a big chunk melted away

tech support is absolutely no help on these, even they just say its junk and not worth fixing

then there are some that rain the defrost water out the front vent in the fridge roof, even if the fridge is sloped backwards

cant take it apart to see how the water gets there, and i have never taken the time to cut away the plastic on one of these that was scrapped

oh crap!!!!

i saw reg's parts list

friggy has a 2 door bar fridge?

SIGH!

gotta be danby built, only they make crap like that

Reminds me of the Magic Chef crap that Home Despot sells. Those kind of appliances belong at Target or Wal Mart.

Archived