Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bard Wall Mounted A/C Model WA372-A10 Package EHWA03-A10

papollonia

Hey Guys:

I work at my kids school as General Maintenance.

We have 5 modular building.

Each has about 10 Bard Wall Mounted A/C Model WA372-A10 Package EHWA03-A10 Units.

I am stumped on this one!!

One of the Modular building, the A/C was working on Friday when i left.

I come in today and none of them are working.

Checked the Following:

The power switch on each unit (was on)

Checked the circuit breaker (flipped it back and forth) it is 'On'

Check T-Stat - Set to 75degree, temp in rooms about 88 degree.

T-Stat is set to a/c.

ANy Ideas here?

I have a feeling i am missing something that is right in front of my face!!

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[user=42812]papollonia[/user] wrote:

... I have a feeling i am missing something that is right in front of my face!!

Is there some type of "Timer" that shuts off the Systems at the end of the school year ?

• 2 months later...

Verify 208/230 VAC to transformer. 

Verify transformer is tapped for correct incoming voltage.  Transformers set at 230 VAC tap but being supplied with only 208 VAC will not produce a LV signal of at least 22 VAC to run LV system.  Retap as necessary.

Check to see if there is 24 VAC coming out of the transformer - if not find reason why the high side windings are open or 3-5 amp fuse is blown.

If 24 VAC is coming out of the transformer and through the 3-5 amp circuit, follow it through the LV circuits - going into board and not out is possible bad board.  Out of board but not to contactor -  possible limit switch open (HP manual reset, LP auto reset defective).

No board - follow through relay coils - coils open replace relay.  Coils good but contacts do not change state - replace relay.

24 VAC to contactor coil of compressor and/or fan contactor relay but no change of state in contacts same as above.  If contacts change state but full voltage registered across closed contacts means the contact surface is bad or obstructed.  Clean contacts or replace as necessary.

24 VAC circuit is closed and completing a proper path, contactors change state, and zero voltage is registered across closed contacts, check OL switch on compressor, check physical connections in HV circuit, compressor windings for shorts to ground, partially shorted windings, open windings.

If compressor tries to start but is unable to, pulls locked rotor amps and quits, check the capacitor and verify that its within 10 percent of name plate value - if not replace.  If all else is good install a hard start capacitor.

If compressor tries and fails to start with all the above, you may have a physically locked up compressor and a last effort is to strike the compressor head on start up in an attempt to dislodge the seizure.

Try this and let us know what happens.

If all are not working (5?) it seems you need to look for a common link. Timers,energy managment devices, or fire alarm circuits are all suspect when you have multi nothing runs problem. Look for the common link.

........................AmTec

Archived