Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Dichotomous

Old Kenmore started draining while agitating

34 posts in this topic

Hi - Thx for the reply.  I did as kdog suggested and switched the red and yellow wire and lo and behold, it agitated, shifted to recirculate, and doesn't spin now.

Does this mean the yellow wire is bad? Or could it still be the timer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This tells you the control magnet is good, you still have a bad yellow wire or timer.

when you switched the red and yellow wires,what part of the cycle did you have the timer in to make it agitate?

with the red and yellow reversed,and the timer set in the beginning of a wash cycle,it sould fill up with water and spin.

Hi kdog -

With the red wire on the right control magnet, the cambar shifted the pump to recirculate. It filled and agitated, but the other side (where the yellow wire was) didn't work. I thought that was the spin control.  I figured the yellow wire was bad since the control magnet worked when I stuck the red wire onto it. I was about to cut out the bottom 2 feet or so of the wire and splice in new wire with a wirenut.

di

Hi kdog -

With the red wire on the right control magnet, the cambar shifted the pump to recirculate. It filled and agitated, but the other side (where the yellow wire was) didn't work. I thought that was the spin control.  I figured the yellow wire was bad since the control magnet worked when I stuck the red wire onto it. I was about to cut out the bottom 2 feet or so of the wire and splice in new wire with a wirenut.

di

Now it's time to quit playing around, and put in the new wire kit. Even though only one wire is broke, all are similar composition and have seen the same duty cycle. Replace them now, and you will not be back in the near future. The others will break sooner or later.

The wire in the kit is designed for the constant flexing the movement of the control magnet causes.  Make sure you route the wires through the wire loops so nothing rubs on the belt.

Part 285610

Link in K-dogs post