Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag dishwasher leak

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calden

calden

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:03 AM

Hey all:I have an ongoing door leak problem with a Maytag dishwasher (surprise, surprise.)  Model number: MDB7000AW.   Appliance guy has been to look at it and can't figure it out.   This problem comes and goes - sometimes we go for months and months with no problems, and then -  BOOM - it pees all over the floor, and does so for a week or so, then no problems for a while.  Last week I did some research and experiments based on what I've read here so far about this kind of leak.  Here's what I've found out:-Water dribbles out of the door down by the hinges.-It comes out in short periodic bursts, about every four-five  seconds.  I'd bet that it's timed to the spray arm rotation.  -It stops when I push in hard on the door.-It is much worse when there are NO dishes in the washer.-It is not connected with the amount of soap used.-I put a piece of duct tape over the soap door latch to see if it was that famous gasket that was leaking.  This made no difference on the leak.-I've got very hard water where I live and have had to clean out the sprayer arms several times.  Also used that Magic stuff to decalcify things.  I'm flummoxed.  I've ordered a new door seal gasket, sound gasket set, and the grommet and soap door latch set and will replace those, just to satisfy myself that this won't go away.  Then it's off to buy a non-Maytag washer. Questions:-any ideas as to solutions?-is there any hope?-what's the best way to remove/replace door seal?  Just pry it out?  Thanks in advance,Carlos

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,814 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

I'd pull the spray arm off and tear down the sump to clean out all the gookus. Wouldn't be surprised if you found some seeds or broken glass in the spray arm. BTW, to clean out the spray arm it need to come all the way our of the d/w and use compressed air. 80 psi awwta do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics