Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

laebshade

Dryer takes 3-4 Cycles to dry a full load

4 posts in this topic

This is a repost of a message sent via LivePerson:

I have a Frigidaire electric dryer, newly purchased, < 6 months old, new. I did not purchase it but my parents did, and of course they don't have any warranty information. Here's the problem: I have to run a load through 3-4 times, on high, for 90 minutes, to dry a full load. I've checked the vent and aluminum hose, no blockage. The dryer seems to heat correctly (top gets unusually hot though), but opening the load at the end of the first cycle has some interesting results. Water drips from and went lint lines the edges of the door. I clean the vent trap in the front of the dryer prior to each new load; I even took my bagless vacuum cleaner and pushed it down in between the edges of the lint trap plastic holder (not much was vacuumed out). The problem remains the same. Any words as to what this might be?

Added information: the dryer is a Frigidaire LER331DS0.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You have a venting problem, the hot wet air is not getting removed from the dryer.  Remove the vent hose and run the dryer to verify it dries fine with the house vent system removed from the dryer.