LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

UltraSoft 625.388800 constantly running water to drain

brk

Starting last week (two weeks after I tried Potassium instead of Sodium chloride), my water softener started acting up.

Initially it had errors on the screen.  I unplugged and retried and the errors went away (no, I don't remember the message :( ).  Then I noticed that it was constantly running water to the drain line regardless of the cycle.  It sounds like the rotor is moving when the cycle changes, but can't be sure anything is actually turning. 

Where do I start?  Is it worth a repair on an old water softener?  Do I need to worry about the Rosin bag longevity as well?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I have the install manual, but hadn't found the other manual. Advancing the cycle to service in manual mode seams to have done the trick. Will run an overnight cycle and see what happens.

Archived