Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

how to open the washer front panel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 walt

walt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

I have problems with my Kenmore Elite Calypso washer leaking on floor. I know of the rear access panel, but can't see leak from that point. Does anyone know how to open the front panel to view the interior? Does anyone have some pics? It leaking during the fill/agitation cycle, but not the drain. Any suggestions for repair?

Thanks,

Walt

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

[user=3410]walt[/user] wrote:

I have problems with my Kenmore Elite Calypso washer leaking on floor.

You don't open the front panel for this. Actually, you don't open the front panel PERIOD.

Post your model number for more help.

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

Actually, it is possible to get the front off these (it's a Calypso). From memory, its a similar process to the newer Maytags (putty knife at the front, whole top up then a couple of screws inside). I'll try to find a picture.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

yes,you'll need a good,stiff putty knife (clips are 1 1/2 in. from sides)- you may also need to disconnect fill hoses as they protrude from the back of the console and hinder the hinging action of the top. under the top you will find 4 screws along the top that secure the front panel- then the panel is lifted outward and upward from the top.  look for a leak around the small hose that enters the upper part of the outer tub at the 10 o'clock position- if leak is there,silocone around the hose to tub connection.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:47 AM

Thanks kdog, been a while since I opened one of those (long may it continue!)
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:41 AM

i hear ya, i've another one to do on friday(u-joint and washplate)  sooner or later i'll have covered them all, or am i on the second time around??  why people continue tp pour money into them is beyond me.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics