Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
walt

how to open the washer front panel

6 posts in this topic

I have problems with my Kenmore Elite Calypso washer leaking on floor. I know of the rear access panel, but can't see leak from that point. Does anyone know how to open the front panel to view the interior? Does anyone have some pics? It leaking during the fill/agitation cycle, but not the drain. Any suggestions for repair?

Thanks,

Walt

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=3410]walt[/user] wrote:

I have problems with my Kenmore Elite Calypso washer leaking on floor.

You don't open the front panel for this. Actually, you don't open the front panel PERIOD.

Post your model number for more help.

Actually, it is possible to get the front off these (it's a Calypso). From memory, its a similar process to the newer Maytags (putty knife at the front, whole top up then a couple of screws inside). I'll try to find a picture.

yes,you'll need a good,stiff putty knife (clips are 1 1/2 in. from sides)- you may also need to disconnect fill hoses as they protrude from the back of the console and hinder the hinging action of the top. under the top you will find 4 screws along the top that secure the front panel- then the panel is lifted outward and upward from the top.  look for a leak around the small hose that enters the upper part of the outer tub at the 10 o'clock position- if leak is there,silocone around the hose to tub connection.

Thanks kdog, been a while since I opened one of those (long may it continue!)

i hear ya, i've another one to do on friday(u-joint and washplate)  sooner or later i'll have covered them all, or am i on the second time around??  why people continue tp pour money into them is beyond me.