Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

wh5150

Whirlpool Ice Maker Question.

4 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator the model number is  ed25dqxdw00, over the last year Ive been having an intermittent problem with the ice maker.  A year or so ago the ice maker quit making ice out of the blue, it did not work for about 2 months and then one day I went into the freezer and the ice bin was full.  It worked flawlessly for about 3 months, then out of the blue it quit making ice again.  Then pretty much the same scenario played out again, after a month or so I had ice cubes again.  Well now a few months later Im back to not having any ice cubes again.  The water dispenser in the door of the freezer has worked perfectly through all of this, it has put out ice cold water non stop.

Any ideas on what to check out?

I miss my ice, Im an ice addict,  I have to have it in all my drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

wh5150

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Also,  the arm to make the ice maker turn off or on is in the corredt position, it is down.

wh5150

Could be a bad water valve or ice maker, I would start with the fill valve might be going bad...

Here's the direct link to your water fill valve, CLICK HERE.