Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Neptune dryer shoe rack?

madbrad

We have had this Neptune gas dryer for a lot of years, trouble free. Just for giggles though I was wondering if it has provision for a possibly available rack for shoes. You know, the rack that sits stationary to put shoes on? My guess is they have nothing but I just wanted to make sure. There's nothing on the door in the way of receiving slots or anything, and no notches or any space under the door opening like the LG I just saw.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually i think there are some available for some models...whats your model #

Sorry typo, it's MDG not MGD. One is a computer store and one is a beer. Mine is the computer store. I could have been swigging MGD while installing the MDG4000, and while working at the MDG computer as well.

Silly me never thought of googling.

I found a review by someone in 2001 saying her MDE4000 didn't come with one but is available. Her model # is the same as mine but with an E for electric. The time frame suggests the same kind of Neptune. Approx. first version. Doesn't mean she's right though.

33001917 Drying Rack - Maytag Neptune Dryer

Fits all Neptune and Dependable Care models beginning with "MD".

click on picture

00397852.jpg

Thanks. As you were posting that I was away from the forum and found that very page. I was wrong about there being no area for it to sit on. Upon further inspection, the front bulkhead had a very large flange before the point it mates with the drum. That rack has 4 feet that sin on that flange, and the one in the rear.

Yeah,  keep the Maytag dryer.  The LGs may look nice and sleek but their repair record sucks and parts availability sucks, so does their customer service.

Well The Washer is a different story. Someday it will give up working. Although Neptune washers are the second most reviled man made object in history, mine never got the problems outlined in the class action. I joined the class action and a guy came and changed alot of parts. Prior to that, a few minor problems were fixed under extended warranty. But since the class action repair, it has had zero failures. Nevertheless it is the appliance weak point in the house, and without guidance from you guys I am at a loss for selecting the right replacement. Sadly the dryer goes with it. This house was built with a laundry "closet", a little deeper than the machines and about 2 feet wider than the pair, with the double door opening about exactly the width of the pair. I would like to stack the new set in order to gain space, whatever it is and however far into the future I get it. I'm told almost all the front loaders are stackable.

When it finally does go, replace it with the Whirlpool Duet front load washer and dryer AND take out the  extended warranty on it.  Do not take out an extended warranty from the store, wait until you send in the warranty registration card. Just before your warranty expires, Whirlpool will remind you to buy the extended warranty.

If the full size Duets don't fit your closet, the Duet Sports will.

My new GE Profile DW has an extended warranty form in with the manual. No need to wait for that one.

What's good about WP Duet?

The Whirlpool Duets are easy to service, made by a huge American company and parts are always available for them. The GE front loaders have a safety recall on them. The Frigidaire family of front loaders are harder to service, some have no front access panel and don't have the best repair record. The Boschs are the hardest of the front loaders to service and parts are harder to obtain.

I'm Canadian so American goods are foreign. Why should the homeowner care how hard it is for the serviceman to work on it? LOL just kidding.

You guys have been mention DD, is that somthing every washer buyer should go for at all costs? Yo have been saying there are fewer and fewer of those, I saw the new LG with DD and a 10 year warranty on whatever part is in question. Not saying I would buy an LG just using it as an example.

[user=68308]madbrad[/user] wrote:

I saw the new LG with DD and a 10 year warranty on whatever part is in question.

that 10 years will only be for specific parts, and only if you pay them to install them.

most mfrs. offer such exceptional warranties - LG machines have been fairly reliable overall thus far - biggest issues seem to be getting the right parts

[user=68308]madbrad[/user] wrote:

Why should the homeowner care how hard it is for the serviceman to work on it?

You shouldn't, but don't be surprised if you can't find anybody to service your Edsel once it is broken down - just go buy a new one

The Whirlpool you recommend - is it DD? In another thread you say the new WP is not, and wish it were. Not saying that's the one you recommended.

There are DDs in the store but they aren't ones with a good rep if I understand what Ive read in this forum.

Archived