Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

deenyb

Kenmore 90 Series

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Kenmore 90 series washing machine. It works perfect until the very end of a spin cycle, at that time the agitator stops turning and starts making a horrible banging noise as if the load is uneven (it is not) We do not have any manuals to see how to fix or take care of this issue.

If anyone has advice I would ever be so greatful! :D

Thanks Deeny

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Do not see any model number....however could be a worn drive block under the spin basket.

We have the same problem.  It seems to a wash and agitate properly, but once it drains/spins it has this terrible clunking sound.  We replaced the motor as it appeared to have metal shavins and broken off fins.  When it is spinning to drain it sounds like there is a short in the motor (both new and old)

Please help!

Model number is 110-4788290, Kenmore 90 series

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Boy, did I break one of the first rules or what!?  Sorry, just so desperate to fix our washer - with a toddler boy it add more pressure!  (They are not the neated creatures!)

Previous post:

It seems to a wash and agitate properly, but once it drains/spins it has this terrible clunking sound.  We replaced the motor as it appeared to have metal shavins and broken off fins.  But still have the same problem.

When it is spinning to drain it sounds like there is a short in the motor (both new and old)

Please help!

Model number is 110-4788290, Kenmore 90 series

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have re-posted my problem...sorry for breakingn on of the commandments!

DHW