Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

melvinsmellvin

Maytag LSE7806ACE

8 posts in this topic

:(I am a lowly maintenance/custodian guy in  an apt complex and have been given the honor of working on the above  combination washer dryer.  The tenants complained that the washer would stop during the spin cycle.   I could never duplicate the problem which was intermintant.   I finally ended up replacing the lid switch assembly which includes the kill switch for off balance loads.   The old switch looked pretty corroded and generally awful so i felt ok with my decision.    It seemed to work ok for a while but I am getting new complaints.   The latest was that the unit stopped during the wash cycle.   The lady says she pushed and pulled the control knob repeatedly to no avail.  She pulled her clothes out wet and put them in another machine.  She says later she pulled the knob and the machine started up again.     What should I be looking at?     thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=2720]melvinsmellvin[/user] wrote:

.... What should I be looking at? ...

Motor over-heating ?

is there some way i can check that if i'm not there when it happens?  

not really..check all 3 pulleys on the bottom of the washer... the motor and pump pulleys should rotate either direction smoothly. the tranny pulley should rotate smoothly clockwise and have some resistance CCW. (test with belts off.

[user=2720]melvinsmellvin[/user] wrote:

is there some way i can check that if i'm not there when it happens?  

maybe ... if you're familiar with electrical work ...

if you have something like this Fuse Holder with a 1 Amp Fuse,

connect across the Motor's Thermal Overload (Black wire and White wire)

If the Motor Thermal Overload opens, the current will then try to go through the 1 Amp Fuse and blow it.

You can then do a visual on the Fuse after the complaint

click on picture

pRS1C-2265099t98.jpg

I will see if I can tell something with the pulleys on Monday.  I will also give the in line fuse idea a try.  Sounds like a great idea.  I don't really know as much as I would like to about electricity.   I am to place the lead on the black wire that services the motor and the other on the white neutral wire that also goes to it?                                          1.         Could someone explain to me why the current does not try to go through the fuse while the motor is running but then does go through when the motor is shut down by its thermal protector.

2.          Also,   if the motor is getting hot and shutting down,   would the timer stop going through the various cycles  or will it continue moving along.     Thanks for the help.

yes, the Black wire and the White wire that services the Motor.

Those two wires are connected to each other through the Motor's Thermal Overload.

The current won't go through the (temporary) Fuse unless the Themal Oveload opens.

The Timer will continue to run when the Thermal Overload opens on that model.

50782.gif

OK.  great,      thanks.      have a good weekend