Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Er If code on Kenmore Elite Er If - out of options

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patagonian

Patagonian

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

I have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model 795.77563600 which I bought in April 2007. I have an error code Er IF, which is a malfunction in the ice freezer DC fan according to the service manual page 26. The fridge is made by LG, and rebadged as Kenmore Elite.

So naturally, I tried replacing the fan (LG# 5209JA1044A) behind the grille in the freezer compartment, but the error IF came back. I then tried replacing the main PCB assembly (EBR34917104), and that did not eliminate the code either. In TEST 1 mode by pushing the reset button on the main PCB, the terminal 4 (Red) and 5 (Blue) reads 0.05~0.1V (DC), which should be reading 12~16V. So I believe there is a faulty PCB, but I don't think two PCB will fail in the same manner back to back.

Could it be that the wire to the motor is somehow short circuited and keeps frying the PCB? Aren't there any protection for these kinds of failure? How do I go about replacing the wire harness? By the way, this is not an issue where there is ice build-up. I checked behind the grill and defroster where the ice maker fan is, and it is absolutely clean.

Any suggestion from the expert would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

I always find these iced up between the ice bank motor and the evaporator - even blocks the return air, haven't figured out the cause yet but usually replacing that duct ass'y in the upper L.H. corner get's the fridge going again (don't know for how long)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics