Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Timer problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cutter0734

cutter0734

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:28 AM

Hi we have an old gibson fridge and we need to replace the timer but there are only 4 spots on the new timer and we have more than four wires to hook up.Lets start with the compressor it has two wires one is white and went to the old timer the other is blue and it goes up the back of the fridge Then there is a white wire that comes from up the back of the fridge and is connected to half of the electical cord that plugs in to the wall outlet.The other half of the plug is connected to a yellow wire that comes form the top of the fridge.Both of these have a conector and were conected seperatle to the old timer.There is a brown wire and a black wire that both come from up the back of the fridge and were also conected to the timer.And finally there is a black and red wire that come from the bottom of the fridge, I beleive these wire control the light.All of these wires have conectors and can inter conect with each other and the timer.I hope someone could help.Thanks for taking the time,Regards, cutter0734

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

We're gonna need to feast our Vulcan squinties upon the wiring diagram so's we can figger out whatcha got. You can post it here as an attachment or fax it to me at 775-416-4449.

#3 cutter0734

cutter0734

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:22 AM

I am posting these pics in the hope that they can help in figuring out what to do next There are no schematics on the back just whats left on the pic.

Attached Files

#4 cutter0734

cutter0734

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:22 AM

Good luck

Attached Files

#5 cutter0734

cutter0734

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:23 AM

Here is one more

Attached Files

#6 cutter0734

cutter0734

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:24 AM

And the last one hope these help! Thanks again for taking the time, Luigi

Attached Files

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:31 AM

by the look of those pictures,your problems run deeper than a defrost timer- them there pinch on access valves are illegal in these parts!!!
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics