Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Otter

GE Refrigerator TFX24RJB Refreshment Center

3 posts in this topic

The Duct Door on the ice chute of the Refreshment Center won't close. I can close it manually, but it falls open again. How do I access the insides of the refreshment center? I see no visible screws. Maybe double sided sticky tape on front bezel? Rear cover? Kindest Regards. Otter :huh:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Ah, yes, the problematic GE ice chute door. See this thread for an extensive treatment of this subject.

Oh wise and mighty Samurai,   Fermented Grand Master of Appliantology,  It does not bring me joy to point out the thread you selflessly posted a link to does not apply to this grasshopper's model. 

While he may find a rusty chute door solenoid from being sweat on over the years it is not the 2001 computerized model with the bad doors.

Otter, either turn off the power or hold the freezer doors open a little with your foot while you do this or you will be dispensed upon.  Take off the white rubber thing.  Remove the black plastic thing you just exposed.  Use a small flat screwdriver to pry off the little plastic cover with the writing on it.  You'll see 4 Phillips screws.  Piece of cake after that.  Looks pretty nasty under there doesn't it.

The black and white flapper thing is your "chute door".  The white thing the door is attached to is called the crank.  That rusty thing that connects to the crank is your chute door solenoid.