Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE washer, bang at end of spin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Neophyte

Neophyte

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:53 PM

Greetings all,

It appears all is now well with my GE DDE5900RALAD dryer that had been overheating. Many thanks.

No longer preoccupied with that situation, I now submit for review the following washer malfunction~ A single, rather loud, bang is heard immediately upon the cessation of a spin cycle.

I looked and looked at all aspects of the machine for a model number and was unable to locate one.  Thus, I removed the spec sheet from the backing plate of the console and found the following numbers, one of which is hopefully the model!

Guess #1: 175D1550G047 (found vertically through center of sheet)  

Guess #2: 123C7165 P001(near one corner)

If neither of above help, possibly this (publication?) # will: PUB NO 31-2584

Jusging by the parts wizard, none of these is actually the model number.:?

If none of these numbers help absolve me of violating commandment #1, where else shall I seek the magic number?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Neophyte

Neophyte

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 02:09 PM

I failed to mention this, which might help.. This washer is what one might call a "companion" piece to the aforementioned dryer, given the identical console appearance, and apparently same machine age & color.    

#3 Neophyte

Neophyte

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

Also, I said I checked all aspects of the machine for the model #.  I guess I lied... I didn't flip the machine over.  Will do that tonight in necessary...

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

Depends on the age but looking at the model number of the dryer look on the left side of the washer down by the floor toward the front, sort of above the left front foot on the left side, it will be horizontal....stupid place to put the tag, I agree...and assuming it is a G.E. or Hotpoint washer...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

The bang is normal.  Your model number should be right where Pegi said it is unless it's worn off.  If you can't find your model  WWA5600GALAD will work for most of your parts.  I wouldn't be surprised if your model ends up being WWA5900RALAD.

#6 Neophyte

Neophyte

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

The bang is normal.  Good to hear, that is!  ;) 

Right Pegi, it is a GE.  I'll take another look tonight.  I probably should stop saving appliance repair  for when I get home from work at 11:30 pm and get it done over the weekend...

Jedi, the pattern of the mod. numbers you mentioned follow the pattern of  the "companion" dryer with this washer.   I wouldn't be surprised either, if one of those are correct. 

Though the noise is normal, I'll check for the # again and report for our edification.  (...And it'll be good to know for when something does go wrong - knock on wood.)     

#7 Neophyte

Neophyte

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

Ok, don't know how I missed the tag that was, in fact, precisely where Pegi said it should be.  I must really need to stop doing this stuff in the middle of the night.

As for the model, the winner is:  WWA5710RBLAD.. No cigar, but close we were.

Thanks for your attention Pegi & Jedi.    

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

Welcome.....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics