Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

drjake

GE Dryer Drum Slide

2 posts in this topic

My GE Dryer Model DPSQ475GT6WW was squealing at the drum as it rubbed against the front bearing on the front panel. I repalced the bearing and it certainly stopped the squealing but now I am not sure if I should replace another part called the "Drum Slide" (GE Part Number WE1M481) also. I see it listed on the GE diagram and it looks like it fits on top of the bearing but I did not find anything like it when I took the old bearing out. Should I replace it and if so how does it fit in the dryer?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Those slides were not there because they were destroyed by the drum when you did not repair the squeeking problem soon enough, you have to replace the slides, the drum does not ride on the white bearing but on the slides, there should be 3-5 of them, look to see how many it is supposed to hold, you will see where they should be.  Do not use the dryer till these are replaced or you wlll ruin your new bearing...