Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch WFMC 3200UC/01 FD8403 Front Load Washer Door Disassembly ??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 para49

para49

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hi,

I've replaced my door gasket as it was moldy but when I removed the hinge cover screws the piece of metal inside the door that holds the screw fell to the bottom.

I have the service manual and it doesn't appear to mention anything about the door disassembly.

Anyone have any idea on how to open the door ? Or to secure the hinge cover screws ?

The model number is : Bosch WFMC 3200UC/01 FD8403

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 para49

para49

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

Solved my problem. Funny how motivating it is to hear that the repair center is backlogged a few weeks.

Anyway, if anyone has the same issues :

- Pry up at the hinge side to release a small channel that hooks the two sides together
- Use two pry bars to slowly work your way from the hinge around the bottom (curved) side of the door. The two pieces will pop and release slightly until you are all the way around the curved side and then you can separate the two door pieces.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics