Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Magic Chef oven does not work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vman_fl

vman_fl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

My 5 year old electric magic chef oven (model # CER3540aaw) does not work.  The control panel has a 3 led display modes (temp, preheat, and lock).  The stove top does work, but when I hit the bake button the Lock led lights up.  I have tried the control lock-out feature (stop time and cancel at the same time) but that didn't work.  I reset the main breaker, that didn't work.  I checked the handle (used for the self clean operation) and that seems to be working fine.  The oven appears to work in the self clean mode.  One other unusual thing, any time I want to set the timer, I need to hit cancel before I can adjust the timer.   thanks -v

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:14 AM

If neither the stove nor the oven work on this range, then you need to go back to the wall outlet and verify you have a valid 240v supply.

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:24 AM

sounds like a failure in the lock circuit, the control "thinks" the door is still in the locked position. if its the unit i think it is, there are 2 microswitches on the lock ass'y which is located toward the front of the stove under the cooktop- there is a small metal cover over them and they are suseptible to moisture migration and corrosion and one of the switches may have failed.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 vman_fl

vman_fl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:02 PM

The stove does work, just not the oven.  I did take off the metal cover for the lock mechanism, the switch for the lock makes contact when the handle is moved into position.  I was not sure what the second switch did, it did not appear to engage the lock arm in any way.  I had the power off, if that makes any difference.  When should the second switch come into play? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics