Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

spforces2003

Maytag Washer/Dryer Combo

4 posts in this topic

Maytag Washer/Dryer Combo (Both Crapped Out)

MLE2000AYW

The washer will only work if the dryer is running. And the dryer doesn't produce any heat. Everything worked fine 1 week ago. Any suggestion would help. Thanks for your help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you have something funky going on with your outlet.  Check it to make sure you have both line voltages and neutral all present.  You'll need your voltmeter and these diagrams for four-slot and three-slot outlets will hepya.

I flipped the circuit breakers several time.......and nothing changed. Then I unplugged the cord, inspected it, and put it back in. And now everything works fine. I'm truly impressed. Now me and my tempermental washer/dryer will have a wonderful day. Thanks for everything.:banana:

Great!  Now the bad news: this may happen again and you may even be risking an electrical fire if one of the spade springs in the outlet has gotten sloppy resulting in a loose connection.  You should cut power to the outlet and remove the cover, carefully inspecting the spade springs inside for signs of arcing.  The spades on the plug may show pitting or arcing as well.  If it's bad, replace the outlet.