Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana stove wont heat up model ACS3350AS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Oh great one once again I come to you seeking appliance wisdom. Our Amana stainless steel is on the fritz. This model has rotary burner knobs and a 5"x7" digital panel for oven control. We started noticing that it was slow to heat and sometime had a slight gas odor, it works fine some times others even when set to say 350 will hang at 180 and refuse to move up. Upon removing the shield in the bottom above I set the temp for 350 meditated and observed the electric ignighter (did I speel that right?) glow brightly for as long as 5 minutes before the gas came on. It then came up to 180 and stayed there refusing to climb to 350. I then put the shield back on closed it up, popped a meditation aid (home brewed) and observed noting no change in temp, put a meat themometor thingy (speel problem again , most likely due to the home brew) inside and confirmed the temp was at 180. What incantations must I perform to rectify this temperature imbalance Oh great one?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

glow Ignitors get weak and won't open the Gas Valve

would be one of these:

short or long 

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=793357

00087510.jpg

http://www.repaircli...sp?R=154&N=1191

00093414.jpg

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 vudutu

vudutu

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

Oh great one, once again you sent me down the right path to enlightenment, the glow ignitors thingy was the problem, replacement brought heat once again to the oven. One thing that throws me is I don't see a sensor nearby to sense it is working and allow gas flow like for instance on my hot water heater or furnace. Is this magic?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:18 AM

[user=57900]vudutu[/user] wrote:

... One thing that throws me is I don't see a sensor nearby to sense it is working and allow gas flow ....
... Is this magic?

yes, actually the Ignitor is in series with the Gas Valve.

When the Ignitor circuit reaches 3.2 Amps, there's enough current (and voltage) to open the Gas Valve.

The Ignitor (and Gas Valve) stays energized anytime the Flame is required.

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics