Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

New Defective Customer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:16 AM

I go to a customers home who says his washer is making noises when it pumps out. It's a Whirlpool Cabrio and I determine there is something in the pump. With the customer watching the whole time, I remove the pump and extract 2 coins from the drain pump. I put the machine back together, and run the diagnostic cycle to test it out. It's nice and quiet now, and he's satisfied with the repair.

About a week later I get this voice mail from a co-worker...

" this guy claims that ever since you serviced his washer, there is bleach water coming out every faucet in the house"

He might as well have claimed I left a unicorn in his salt shaker.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

Take with grain of salt
Yes, insane in the membrane
He flies unicorns
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 DIAMOND GAZZA

DIAMOND GAZZA

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

free bleach???? he should bottle it and sell it.

#4 Jimi

Jimi

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

I remember reading a let's talk service memo on that.

From Whirlpool Tech Support
January 7th 2009
Revised March 11th 2011

After removing debris from the pump on many Whirlpool as well as Maytag front load washers, it is necessary to install kit # 9136s1u4c9k3e4r6
This will insure that the chlorine bleach release (kanutin valve) will keep bleach levels well within the parameters set forth by OSHA 388 & Obama 2008

Hope this helps as it was a nightmare when I first stared working on those models.
Please do not drink & drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics