Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ekauffman

Kelvinator cooktop module

3 posts in this topic

I have a Kelvinator cooktop model SUS463R that is no longer made. Neither are the modules. In fact, there isn't a parts outlet on the Internet that even recognizes the model or part numbers. So, the cooktop works fine; the grill and griddle are great, but the burner module (coil burners) won't turn on. It was popping the circuit when we turned it on, so I ordered new burners for it (well, one new burner; no one makes a four-inch burner these days) but that made no difference and upon inspection I discovered the wires going from the burners to the porcelain thingie that houses the plugs that actually plug into the cooktop were frayed and not looking too healthy. So I figured I'd rewire it. And I did. Looked pretty straight forward, seemed pretty straight forward, though it obviously wasn't because now the module won't turn on at all. Any suggestions on how to rewire this thing properly or someplace to find a new module would be really appreciated. I have wondered if the module for the GE select-top would work, since the dimensions are the same, but it is for a downdraft model, which mine is not. I really would prefer to fix this cooktop rather than spend $900 on a new one that's large enough to fit the existing opening in the counter.Many thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can't even begin to think about re-wiring without a wiring diagram.