Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

john63

Kenmore Drawer Dishwasher

6 posts in this topic

I have a customer scheduled with a approx 4 to 5 year old double-drawer Kenmore dishwasher (no model number as yet).

The complaint is that water is leaking from the lower drawer during the *wash* cycle ( underneath the drawer itself).

I do not have experience with these type of dishwashers (F & P /KitchenAid).

Have any of you guys (or gals) on this forum seen a pattern--or common source of leaking water from the lower drawer?

Any other interesting observations to share?

John

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If it's actually leaking while water is being sprayed around inside, then you're probably looking at a bad lid seal on the drawer.

If the leak is occurring while the drawer is pumping out, then you're probably looking at a split drain hose.

There should be a tech sheet in a pouch pasted to the back inside wall, behind the bottom drawer. But you gotta remove the bottom drawer to get at it. Drawer removal varies according to model number.

Get that model number and I can probably get you complete tear down instructions, diagnostic procedures and other goodies.

Thanks--I'll post more information after the service visit.

I have just printed the "Job Aid" 4317427 from--www.servicematters.com--that I believe may apply to this model (customer cannot locate model/serial number).

Should be fun---anything new & unfamiliar has a way of causing veteran service techs to turn off the "mental autopilot mode" (caused by heavy routine) and forces the mind to actually *THINK* again <laugh>.

KUDD01 models (tech document KAD-9) are sourced from F&P.

KUDD03 models (tech document KAD-10 for "2008") are *not* F&P.

Usually with Kenmores, they include a parts manual along with the owners manual. The parts manual has the model number printed on the front cover.