Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ghopper

No response from any controls on touch pad

6 posts in this topic

Model: Kenmore Calypso 110.21082000

Problem:  No response from all controls on the touch pad.  There is sufficient power from the outlet.   A few months ago the touch pad was not responding, so I unplugged the power cord from the outlet and waited a bit and plugged the power cord back into the outlet.  It worked.  This time the touch pad remained dead.  I tried replacing the machine control board, still dead.  Does the motor control board need replacing at the same time (the fuse on this board has continuity)?  Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Make sure you've got power to the power terminals on the control board (the one previously replaced).

Do the control panel lights come on? Any beep-beeps?

I have power to the power terminals on the previously replaced control board.  No lights.  No beeps.

try to enter the diagnostics mode by performing the "key-dance" that is outlined in the tech sheet (tech info is located in a bag attached to the inside of the front panel) i have seen this behavior before caused by a failed keypad- VERY expensive repair (just say calypso)- if at all possible,convert this machine into a boat anchor and cut your losses now.

Oh yeah-- that CONTROL PANEL will flatten your wallet in a hurry.

Kdog,

I found the tech sheet and ran through the diagnostics, the keypad is dead.  I found a boat, and I'm seriously considering using it for an anchor.  Do all washers have tech sheets inside of the front panel?  BTW - Is that Calypso class action lawsuit from alexander law legit?  Thank You...