Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool - Leak at drain grommet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VELELLA

VELELLA

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:11 AM

Whirlpool LA7800XKW0 leaking from around grommet (part #93553) sometimes during filling but mainly during agitating.  Looks like water is coming from around the top of the grommet.  How do I go about replacing the grommet?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:04 AM

That is the sump grommet for a belt driven machine.  Pop the top up, remove snubber assy, remove splash guard, remove the agitator, remove the spin basket, remove the drive block, remove the 4 tub bolts and pull the tub up and out.  the tub sits on top of this grommet, is a pressure seal.  You might find excessive rusting on the base plate.  Be sure to order and replace the center tub grommet also that goes around the spin tube in the middle of the tub, you will need that also.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:19 AM

You may well find that the problem is rusting on the tub itself or, as Pegi says, the baseplate. In either case, it's "Game Over" (Tub difficult to get and expensive (over $200 plus shipping), baseplate NLA for a number of years). I don't think I've ever seen an issue with the actual grommet. If you are re-installing the tub, I strongly recommend new bolts/washers (comes as a kit, part number 76673) as well as the centre post gasket Pegi mentioned (part number 383727).
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:40 AM

And find a tube of industrial sealant 800, it is a red sealant used on the older G.E. washers, we do not put these W.P. washers back together without first putting a bead of this sealent on the top of the sump grommet and around the center tub grommet and the tub where the tub bolts/rubbers go back down.  also a bead around the fill level bubble on the side of the tub.  This dries plyable so the washer will come back apart and this stuff eill peal off but sure works till it is removed.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics