Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele G641 Plus Stops with INlet/Drain lamp on

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 c_mario

c_mario

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

UNit is Miele G641Plus Dishwasher.

Drain/Inlet lamps lights soon after first drain and fill cycle.

Circulation pump removed and checked ok. Drain pump OK.  Sometimes the unit will complete its wash program, other times it just stops. The error code stored in the electronic has been F05 (Water drainage failure/ heater level switch) or F07 (Too few pulses at flow meter / end of water intake). However the water has NEVER failed to drain and the sump has never be too low on water. If I watch the cycle progress and it fails it's when the solenoid Valve (Y5) in the water inlet mixer is in operation. I dont understand why sometimes it operates during the first part of the program and other times it does not. The electronic has been set to "without softener".

Also I dont understand why the valve Y5 is in operation after the water inlet has stopped.

Its driving me insane. Just now it completed a wash program on the second attempt. I mean the first run stopped about 3 minutes into it. Then you just stop and start again by switching it off and it runs from beginning and completes the wash.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:41 AM

Sounds like a finicky heater level switch (mounted to front of sump) - may also be a problem with the turbine in the water flow meter - how hard is your water ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 c_mario

c_mario

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for the reply.

whats the best method of checking the heater level switch?

Just replace it?

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

No - use the control diagnostics, but the motor starts briefly during fill to trip the switch, if the water fill is too slow, it will fail to colse and log an error - once the machine is done filling, how much water is inside, could be as simple as a clogged inlet screen in the waterproof
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 c_mario

c_mario

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

HI thanks again for the reply,

I have previously checked the the inlet screen in the waterproof. The water level appears correct compared to what I remember.

So you are saying the circulation pump starts breifly during the fill cycle to operate the heater level switch and if not enough water is available the switch will not operate and the machine will stop. Is that correct?

Would a variable water supply i.e. pressure changes perhaps cause something like this?

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

Possibly, the unit fills for a short time and starts the pump momentarily - the control is looking for a trip from the heater level switch, it then completes filling and starts pump - if the control did not see a trip during the brief start it will register a fault. Heater level failures are somewhat common as they actually become clogged with gunk - if you are using the machine with the softener disabled and have hard water, this contributes to the cause

#7 c_mario

c_mario

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

Hey man,

Many thanks for the info. The machine has worked fine the last three wash cycles.

So I have no idea now. I'll just order a switch and wait for the next failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics