Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Oven F7/Corroded Ribbon Connector

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gravely6

gravely6

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:53 AM

I have a built in GE Profile True Temp electric wall oven. It periodically shuts down, giving "F7" error code. Using great info found on sight, I have always diagnosed corroded ribbon connector, and cleaning connector with eraser has always solved problem.

Now for about 4th time I have same problem, again diagnosed ribbon connector, but cleaning did not solve problem. Looking carefully at terminal end of connector, I can see that several of the conductive strips have actually been worn away by my rubbing them.

(1) Are ribbon connectors available separately? As far as I can tell, the connector is only available as part of the the touchpad unit.

(2) Assuming I have to replace the touchpad unit now, is there some way I can protect the ribbon connector from corrosion? I do the occasional electronic project, and I have seen products in my electronics parts catalogs, usually sprays, which are supposed to protect connections against corrosion. Any advice about trying this on the ribbon connector?

I am not happy about such an expensive product which self-destructs through routine maintenance required by its own design. Oven is about 3 years old, and, unfortunately, off warranty.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,921 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

[user=3516]ROKU[/user] wrote:

(1) Are ribbon connectors available separately?

Any good electronics supply house should carry them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics