Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Dishwasher in endless loop

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:18 AM

Make Model GE Dishwasher GSD5330D01WW  I think is'st about 5 years old.

Serial number MZ869407B

I came home and heard the washer making a clicking sound every 5 seconds or so.  I pulled it out from the counter and unplugged it.  The dishes seemed to have been cleaned and all water was drained.  My wife said it had been doing this all day.  Being late in the day I just left it unplugged over night.  The next day I turned it on its side [after removing the dishes and racks.  I plugged it in and this is what happens.

It is in normal mode [led] and it sounds like it is attempting to move to the next cycle every 5 seconds.  The solenoid is operating and holding for a couple of seconds then releasing.  Over and over.  The reset button does not make any difference.  I tried the F-1 test after finding the service information by accident.  All pannel button command attempts were ignored by the machine. 

I removed the motor assembly to check if there were any obstructions.  The solenoid was properly moving the drain flap [over and over].  The solenoid operated with a very loud buzz, but when the motor assembly was replaced the sound was normal again.

Having no idea if it is the Sequence Switch or the Control I opened the sequence switch to seeif it appeard to operate normally.  There were no broken parts and the Sequence wheel just goes around and around.  The switches all seem to be following the program and opening and closing accordingly [over and over].  I am not sure if the small flesh colored axel is back in correct place and I think it may have something to do with stoping the sequence wheel from advancing.  I had to put it back in position after removing the cover and it may not be correct.

I hope you are still awake by the end of this description or it wasn't so long that you had time to finish one to many and are of no use to anyone.

Thanks

ss

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,835 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:56 AM

Post the wiring diagram/tech sheet for your dishwasher.

#3 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Samurai,

I didn't expect such a quick response.  Are you testing me to see if I could find the diagram or is the beer running out.  ;)

ss

Attached Files

#4 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

Here is the first page of the service sheet

Attached Files

#5 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

This is page two of the service sheet

Attached Files

#6 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

This is the F-1 test page if you are interested.

thanks

ss

Attached Files

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,835 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:35 AM

[user=3515]spangler21c[/user] wrote:

Are you testing me to see if I could find the diagram or is the beer running out.

:silly:

Open the control panel.

Enter F-1 test.

Exit F-1 test (home)

See if you have 14vdc (could be either + or -) at pins 4 and 5 (lt. blue and orange) of the white connector on the sequence switch.

#8 spangler21c

spangler21c

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

That's one of the symptoms of the problem.  I cannot enter F-1 or anything else into the control panel.  All command attempts are ignored.  Any button I push does nothing.

I can hold reset for over 30 seconds and nothing happens.  The panel stays in 'Normal'.

Thanks

ss

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,835 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

Ah, yes, you said that. That makes it easy, then: you need the control assembly, CLICK HERE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics