Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

spangler21c

GE Dishwasher in endless loop

9 posts in this topic

Make Model GE Dishwasher GSD5330D01WW  I think is'st about 5 years old.

Serial number MZ869407B

I came home and heard the washer making a clicking sound every 5 seconds or so.  I pulled it out from the counter and unplugged it.  The dishes seemed to have been cleaned and all water was drained.  My wife said it had been doing this all day.  Being late in the day I just left it unplugged over night.  The next day I turned it on its side [after removing the dishes and racks.  I plugged it in and this is what happens.

It is in normal mode [led] and it sounds like it is attempting to move to the next cycle every 5 seconds.  The solenoid is operating and holding for a couple of seconds then releasing.  Over and over.  The reset button does not make any difference.  I tried the F-1 test after finding the service information by accident.  All pannel button command attempts were ignored by the machine. 

I removed the motor assembly to check if there were any obstructions.  The solenoid was properly moving the drain flap [over and over].  The solenoid operated with a very loud buzz, but when the motor assembly was replaced the sound was normal again.

Having no idea if it is the Sequence Switch or the Control I opened the sequence switch to seeif it appeard to operate normally.  There were no broken parts and the Sequence wheel just goes around and around.  The switches all seem to be following the program and opening and closing accordingly [over and over].  I am not sure if the small flesh colored axel is back in correct place and I think it may have something to do with stoping the sequence wheel from advancing.  I had to put it back in position after removing the cover and it may not be correct.

I hope you are still awake by the end of this description or it wasn't so long that you had time to finish one to many and are of no use to anyone.

Thanks

ss

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Post the wiring diagram/tech sheet for your dishwasher.

Thanks Samurai,

I didn't expect such a quick response.  Are you testing me to see if I could find the diagram or is the beer running out.  ;)

ss

post-3515-129045086742_thumb.jpg

Here is the first page of the service sheet

post-3515-12904508676_thumb.jpg

This is page two of the service sheet

post-3515-129045086777_thumb.jpg

This is the F-1 test page if you are interested.

thanks

ss

post-3515-129045086795_thumb.jpg

[user=3515]spangler21c[/user] wrote:

Are you testing me to see if I could find the diagram or is the beer running out.

:silly:

Open the control panel.

Enter F-1 test.

Exit F-1 test (home)

See if you have 14vdc (could be either + or -) at pins 4 and 5 (lt. blue and orange) of the white connector on the sequence switch.

That's one of the symptoms of the problem.  I cannot enter F-1 or anything else into the control panel.  All command attempts are ignored.  Any button I push does nothing.

I can hold reset for over 30 seconds and nothing happens.  The panel stays in 'Normal'.

Thanks

ss

Ah, yes, you said that. That makes it easy, then: you need the control assembly, CLICK HERE.