Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
JasonDW

LG WM3677HW - Dispenser drawer won't open

7 posts in this topic

Hi all. I am hoping someone here can help me. The dispenser drawer on our washer/dryer will not open. My guess is that one of the little blue units in the drawer has gotten stuck but I cannot get it open far enough to do anything with it.

Am I able to get at it from the top or back? And if so does anyone have a diagram? I don't want to just randomly start taking things apart to get into it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I've never encountered this before.

If one of the SIPHON CAPS for the liquid fabric softener or bleach is not correctly *snap-locked* into position---I can imagine that the dispenser will not fully slide out.

Try using a kitchen utensil--such as a flat spatula--to help the drawer glide fully out.

If the SIPHON CAPS are damaged--the part numbers are:

Left side: 5006ER3022A

Right side: 5006ER3021A

Thanks John...I just tried the spatula idea but the drawer only opens about 0.25" and even with the spatula fully in the drawer I couldn't get it to open...I have a feeling that it is the fabric softener cup.

A 1/4 inch gives us very little room to manuever...

If you have some type of material that can be cut to about 12 inches length (and be discarded later) such as a thin sheet of plastic sold/used for a kitchen cutting board...

This may be sturdy enough to bend & slide into the dispenser drawer and help free it.

I'll dig around in the garage and see what I can find....if I take the back / top of the machine off will there be any access or is it all enclosed?

Unfortunately---there's no other way to gain access to the dispenser drawer and dispenser housing except from the front.

If push comes-to-shove----it may be necessary to try and force the dispenser drawer open and replace whatever becomes damaged.

Such as:

Drawer

Siphon Caps

Dispenser Housing

OK...so push came to shove.....

The blue (siphon cap?) for the fabric softener was the problem...it is bent and cracked and it broke the white vertical tube off the drawer.

I think I can glue the vertical tube back on...what function does the blue siphon cap play? I assume it is critical to the fabric softener dispensation.

Thank you so much for your quick replies (sorry I didn't say it earlier)...this forum is a great resource...I would have spent all day pulling the machine apart just to find out I couldn't get in there!