Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

paulrhodes

Spray Arms not Spinning, Maytag MDB9600AWB Dishwasher

6 posts in this topic

The spray arms have stopped spinning on my Maytag MDB9600AWB dishwasher.

The dishwasher fills up to the heating element.

It runs through the entire cycle and drains properly.

The wash motor comes on and runs okay but does not seem to pump any water to the spray arms.

I removed the large plastic section that runs from the pump area up the inside back of the tub to the top arm - it was clean with no obstructions.

I removed the lower spray arm and the cover below it, the impeller assembly, and the large assembly that has what appears to be fine filter material around the top. Everything was clean and nothing was clogged.

At that point I was down to the motor shaft and didn't go any further.

I reassembled everything and the problem is still there...not surprisingly since I didn't fix anything.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions?

The dishwasher is about 18 months old.

It was working fine until now.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Are you doubly-woubly sure the motor us actually running during the wash cycle? (hint: pull the kickplate, see if the motor is running).

If the motor is running during wash, then it might be something as simple as needing a new WASH IMPELLER (item 6).

Thanks for the fast reply.  I verified that the wash motor is definitely running during the wash cycle.  When I open the door during the wash cycle, the water is still...not moving at all. 

Would you advise replacing the impeller or is there something else I should check first?

[user=3520]paulrhodes[/user] wrote:

Would you advise replacing the impeller or is there something else I should check first?

I advise getting some eyeballs on the wash impeller. If there's a problem, it'll be visibly apparent.

Let us know what you see.

Thanks.  I looked at the impeller and it looks like new...I don't see any sign of damage.

Doesn't makes sense: you have adequate water charge in the basin, motor is running, impeller not damaged, no obstructions in the water system. Yet no wash action.

Nope, you missed something somewhere.