Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dhamilton

Maytag epic Z F-28 error code MHWZ600TK00

6 posts in this topic

I have an epic Z that quit on me, it showed an F28 error code and the door was locked.  the controls wouldn't do anything.  I unplugged it and it reset itself to the sanitize cycle, but when you try to start it it does nothing.  I was able to get the door unlocked.  I checked the connections from the mcu to the ccu and motor.  All seemed tight.  I ran a diagnostics that was on the technical manual taped to the bottom kick panel  the wash, rinse, and spin lights lit up when I run the diagnostics.  What else should I do or what should I replace?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

when doing the tests did you check for any stored faults?

The only tests I did was to press the same key for 4 seconds and let off for 4 seconds and repeat,  Then all the lights would light up, then just the wash, rinse and spin lights would come on.  Is there another way to test?

also when I power it back up an try to start a cycle, the door locks and that is it.  Nothing happens.  If i press pause/cancel or power the controls just go blank except for the door locked button and the add a garment light starts flashing.

unplug the 3 wire cable that runs from the CCU to the MCU at the MCU. Try and start the machine with it disconnected. (it will not run) but if it programs like its going to then the MCU is bad.

Do I unplug the power cable or the serial comm. link cable?