Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag refrigerator door shelves fall off!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 fool4jesus

fool4jesus

IkkĊ-ikki

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

I did finally order the liner (through the handy-dandy form at the bottom of the page :D) and it works great. Kind of expensive - like $173 - but it's like having a new refrigerator. It was a good job to give to my grasshopper son to reinstall, too. Do it, you won't be sorry.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Verkan

Verkan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:08 PM

I've noticed there are different parts listed.

The FF liner kit, which seems to be the entire shelf holding part, and side liner inserts and top/bottom inserts.

Any idea if the inserts are an  addon Maytag put into later versions of the refridgerator, since the orginal seems so wimpy?

Only trying to buy the parts I really need.

#23 jorahood

jorahood

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:59 AM

[user=4044]Trying to help[/user] wrote:

Post your model and serial number. I know of 3 fixes depending on that information. One can not be used on the other. Model and serial are located at the top of the Fresh Food ceiling.

I have a model MSD2758DRW with the shelves falling out as well. I forgot to get the serial number but I'll get it tonight. Can you say if the fix for this is to replace the liner? Part of the problem is that the door won't shut properly when the shelves are in because they bow the liner out even more so it rubs against the freezer door.

I read on applianceblog.com that you must order the liner supports and screw the shelves into the liner, which doesn't sound fun. (http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/showpost.php?p=13843&postcount=2) I'd rather spring for the part than have to drill the door.

#24 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:20 PM

Here's a follow-up to this post.

They have a kit to correct this problem
Part# 12001813 which is a kit of 8 shelf extensions
and here's the service bulletin on it:
http://servicematter...cs/16010306.pdf
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics