Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
PeterN

Fridaire Gallery Front Load Washer won't drain / spin

52 posts in this topic

My 4 year old machine model # FWT647GHSO has stopped moving cycles.  The timer moves ahead, but it only washes.  It will not go into drain and then spin.  I think this happend when the power went out in the middle of a cycle.  I tried unplugging it for 15 minutes in the hopes that the computer would reset.  I have tried running it through full cycles, but it only keeps on washing never letting new water in, draining or spinning!

What should I do next?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Remove the front panel, take the suction hose off the pump and remove the coins and bobby pins from the pump impeller. Good to go.

frigidaireFL2.jpg?dc=4675451357248937695

Samurai Man you are truly honourable!  Your straightforward advice has saved me from Fridigaire Factory Service.  I have made a contribution to the United Samuari Beer Fund as an expression of my gratitude!

Thank You.:)

Glad I could help. And much domos for the brewskis! :cheers:

My same machine drains but doesn't spin. I checked the pump for obstructions but there were none. The belt is still on the motor. I can spin the drum and see the motor rote.Thanks

Drain but no-spin is a totally different problem. That's either gonna be the door latch assembly or the speed control board.

Thanks for the reply. The door still locks, so does that rule out the door assembly part?

Lock light comes on and tapping the door at the latch area doesn't kick it off? Probably looking at replacing the speed control board. Remove the front bottom quarter panel and get the tech sheet. It has a procedure for testing the motor and speed control board.

I bought an amp probe and tried to follow the test procedures. I got 120 volts across pins 5&6, but the next step puzzled me. Would you suggest I order a board and hope this is the correct part based on what I've told you? It looks easy enough to install. When I get home I could respond with the directions that confused me.Thanks.

Most of the time, these problems are a bad speed control board. If you order a new one from this link and it doesn't fix it, you can return it.

Hey Samuri Repair Man. You were right. I overnighted a new board and everythings copasetic. Enjoy the beers.

Cool beans, dude! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. And mucho domos for the brewskis! :cheers:

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

Remove the front panel, take the suction hose off the pump and remove the coins and bobby pins from the pump impeller. Good to go.

frigidaireFL2.jpg?dc=4675451357248937695

I'm trying to check this out on my machine, but I can't get the hose off the pump. (Just to verify--in the picture this hose is fastened with a red clamp, right?) I did manage to pry the clamp that fastens the "coin catcher" thing and, of course, dumped water all over the inside of the machine--however, there does not seem to be anything choking off the water flow in this area. Is there some trick to this that I'm missing? Thank you.

The suction hose IS the coin catcher thingy. Sounds like you already removed it.

similar problem here at my house...my washer keeps stopping and starting through its cycle....realized today that when you push on the door it starts again.  the door lock light remains on all the time....what part do i need to replace?  the whole door lock/latch kit assembly with the wiring and everything?  or just the door lock/switch assembly?

What is your model number? With some of the older ones you need to replace one of the counterweights and some of the harness needs to be rerouted, it all comes as a kit with good instructions. Did you make sure the piece attached to the door is not broken?

model number is FWT449GFS1...the piece attached to the door (the prongs that go into the latch) is not broken...i replaced that last year and bought a spare one.....the counterweights you mentioned...is that a cement block?  does it need to be removed before the actual door latch/switch/lock can be removed?

The piece you need is 131888900 which comes with the new counterweight, door lock and harness. You will need to remove the old counterweight and replace it with the one in the kit. It can all be done from the front of the unit.

I'm chasing a similar problem with my Frigidaire (FWT449GFS1). Drains but won't spin. I started walking through the diagnostic, and got only to step 2: I removed the belt and pulled the knob. The motor runs. It says to check the timer line switch and door lock switch...all wires seem to be in place, and not rusted. Pushing on the door doesn't make it spin. Is there some way for me to tell which of these is the problem? Should I order a new door lock unit, or is there some test I can do on these parts to prove they're broken before I replace them?

Thanks in advance.

If the motor runs without the belt, the door lock, timer and wiring harness can be eliminated as a source of trouble. Can you spin the drum by hand? Does the machine tumble under it's own power at any point in the cycle?

The drum spun by hand. I reattached the belt and repeated the test, and the motor spun and turned the drum. That was at the beginning of the wash cycle. It doesn't do anything during the spin cycle. Does that point to the speed control board?

[user=10978]sammo[/user] wrote:

Does that point to the speed control board?

No, not really. You need to see if the timer is passing voltage to the board during the time when the drum should be spinning.

Lock control unit part number 131888900.  I replaced this the unit and followed all of the directions.  Door lock works fine but now will not do final spin cycle.  Any suggestions?

I'm glad I found this site, read about Frigidaire problems and was able to fix my washer myself, sent you a love offering for the beer fund, the photo helped also.