Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kitchen aid kds-19 waht did i do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nil8hate

nil8hate

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:37 PM

:yikes:i have been working on fixing this monster myself. just bought the home, and it was left behind. cleaned up major clacium deposits and discovered parts you could not see before!! anyhoo...replaced the doorseal cuz it was leaking...then found a big puddle in my basement after it leaked again! took the whole puppy apart, and discovered a wide gasket at the very bottom of the tub that seems to surround the motor. bought the gasket...but, can not get this gasket out...read in here somehwere on a different model that i will probably need to take the motor off from underneath to replace this...i wish i had started with replacing the little itty bitty seal that goes in the upper piece (pump) i think.:yikes: any advice?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nil8hate

nil8hate

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

oh yeah...and do you have a parts list breakdown for this?

#3 nil8hate

nil8hate

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

oh yeah again...the forum is not letting me edit my posts, so i doing multiple. i apologize for that. i am talking about a dishwasher.:?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,177 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

Read this thread. Pay particular attention to the part about obtaining and reporting a valid model number.

#5 nil8hate

nil8hate

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:41 PM

:bathead: so, i have read the post you instructed me to, and realize that i am no grasshopper, i am but a wish to be a grasshopper!

hmmm, model number. i am scared because i can find nothing with 3 digits, a period and then numbers after. the tag in mine says: serial number 230456610, Model KDS-19, ML 34331. those are listed in boxes across the top of the tag. Then the next line has info about volts, hz, motor amps, etc. so, i hope this is a true model number. it is a kitchenaid made by hobart, suberbra. if this is not enough info, please be gentle in your scolding.;)

#6 nil8hate

nil8hate

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

this is the part i am trying to replace

http://www.repaircli...?RccPartID=2932

found it by using your handy "part detective". it is called "Main tub gasket for pump housing"

however, after taking out all the parts until i get to that gasket, it will not lift out, and appears to go down under what is probably the motor. does the whole motor have to come out? and i am guessing that would pulling it out and dumping it sideways to get to it? arghhhh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics